Sunday, September 27, 2015

To the Person who Loves Me Next

Alright folks, we are about to get sappy.  My best friend Danielle from Beautiful Disaster has inspired me to write this post. Love is some powerful stuff.
I'm not going to preface this much more because I think it speaks for itself.  So here we go. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the person who loves me next,

You are in for the ride of your life.  After all this, you are never going to forget me.  But before it gets too serious, there's a few things you should know.   

When I fall, I fall hard.  in love, on the floor, off a horse, out of bed.  HARD.  So be ready to catch me when I fall no matter what.  

You don't have to be a world class athlete or the prom king.  I'd rather you not quite frankly.  I don't want you to think that you are anything less than my kinda perfect.  I will love you no matter how much you like cheese dip or hate the sport volleyball.  You are my perfect.  So shut up.  

I say y'all a lot and sleep is on the top of my priorities list.  I will drop anything to help my friends so you're gonna have to learn to love them too.


So you might have noticed that I'm a bit quirky.  Embrace it.  Because it ain't goin away.  Let me do my thing.  Let me color code my closet and have full discussions with my cat.  Watch me buy christmas decorations in September and spend hours on pinterest looking at recipes I will never make.  

I am going to critic your driving because it's important to me.  If you text and drive or drink and drive, leave now.  

I don't need grand gestures like expensive gifts and five star dinners.  All I ask of you is to show me how much you love me.  Leave a note on my car or make me dinner.  Surprise me at work just to hug me and tell me I smell like hair dye.  Anything is everything to me. 

Oh and I hate beef, boiled eggs, and green beans.  

So, Buckle your seatbelt sir.  It's going to be a bumpy ride.  I hope you're ready.  

Love, 
Joanna 

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I love you so much! I have been there to catch you, or pick you up after most of your falls (and there have been many) and I'd have it no other way. Love always, Your Momma.

    ReplyDelete