Sunday, July 29, 2018

Manifesting my Dreams

"Manifest hopes and dreams.... The idea of visualizing something we want, and attracting it to us, is an ancient principle of life." - Kari Henley

If you have a dream, throw it into the universe and see what happens.  You will become more attracted and aware of things related to your dream.  Opportunities will arise.  Doors will open.  

As I prepare for my move to Tennessee, I realized that I have many ideas and dreams for myself in Nashville, some of which I have yet to express to anyone.  I have kept them quiet for many reasons, that being embarrassment or hesitation.  

Today is the day where I put my big dreams on paper for everyone to read.  

1.  Own a vintage re-sale shop
I discovered my passion for thrifting about 4 years ago as I identified as a "broke college student".  This began as a way to save money but quickly turned into my favorite hobby. My style evolved into an eclectic mix as I fell in love with vintage and antique pieces.  My collection grew as I began to experiment with different trends and styles.  I would love to own a vintage shop where I could offer vintage clothing and home decor pieces at a reasonable price so new owners can breathe new life into forgotten fashion.  

2.  Write children's books
I'm sure you already could tell as you read my blog, but I love creative writing (duh).  I took creative writing courses as electives in high school and college to increase my knowledge bank.  Both of these courses challenged me to write a short children's book.... and I LOVED it.  My goal is to get my masters degree in children's literature and then begin writing children's books on topics such as equality, uniqueness, and passion.  As an elementary school teacher, I have noticed the gap in books on these important topics and I would love to fill this gap in order to help students embrace their weirdness and shine a light on other's weirdness!  

3.  Vlog my adventures
A vlog is basically the video version on a blog, get it... videoblog, vlog.  There are so many amazing places to go, things to do, and food to eat in the Nashville area that I can not wait to explore.  As all of my friends and family are back home on the East Coast, I have no way to share my experiences with them in person.  What better way to share my adventures than through a video... right?  I would love to document my experiences through a vlog style video so friends and family can keep up with my shenanigans and maybe one day I can look back and watch my memories.  I don't know how good I'd be at vlogging but you never know until you try!

So there they are.  My three big dreams that I have thrown into the universe.  This is me, visualizing what I want so I can work towards achieving these goals.  Wish me luck!

"The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams."  - Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

  1. Joanna they can become reality. Turn your dreams into visions of the future. Develop specific plans step by step on how you are going to achieve them. And yes I expect that I will see each come to fruition. Love your initiative and visions and love you. Get settled may just come and visit. Grandpa

    ReplyDelete