Thursday, July 12, 2018

Chapter 22

When I visited for the first time two and a half years ago, I immediately knew I would one day call Nashville my home.

That dream has manifested into my reality.  Two and and a half years later, I am counting down the days as I pack up all my belongings to drive 11 hours away and move into my first big girl apartment.  I know what a lot of you are thinking, "Why Tennessee?  Why now?  With whom?"

Well let me explain...

Have you ever gotten that feeling like this was made for you or this is where you were meant to be?  Well I got that feeling in Nashville, Tennessee.  I fell in love with the city, the people, the music, the culture, the acceptance, and the love.  Nashville is a special place.  It's one of those things that you have to experience to understand.  The second I landed in Nashville, I understood and wanted to spend every second exploring and experiencing the city.

As graduation came into sight, I started to panic about my plans for the future.  I knew I wanted to end up in Nashville eventually but wasn't sure it was 'good timing'.  I was apprehensive about moving and leaving my family and friends behind.  
Was I going to find a job?  Can I afford this?  What if there is a family emergency?  Am I ready?
With much deliberation and talking to family, friends and mentors, I came to the conclusion that yes, I was ready and yes, this is happening.... now.
I am now a recent college graduate starting my post-grad career in Nashville, Tennessee as I interim teach while I plant my roots.

One of the first questions I get after telling people I am moving is, "Who are you moving in with?" and I answer, "Uhhh my cat?"  I am moving all by myself to a strange town where I know absolutely no one.  Yes, that sounds scary and lonely but I can not wait!  I have always been an independent person so I can not wait to explore the state and meet new people.

On August 8th, 2018 I get the keys to my first "big girl" apartment in Tennessee as I start a new chapter, Chapter 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment